Monday, June 27, 2011

About me.


My Dad 89th Infantry Division
 My father was a Radio Operator in the 89th Infantry Division in WWII.  I remember his buddies coming over to our house when they passed through town.  My Dad would drag out his box of "liberated souvenirs" from the war and I would see things that totally fascinated a young boy.  A Hitler Youth Dagger, k98 bayonets, flags and a helmet.  Then they would sit and talk about how it was and "remember the time..."  These early memories started me on a path that led me into a lifelong pursuit of history, love of my country, shooting and collecting military weapons, and even serving in the US Army and National Guard.









My Dad(with "liberated binocs")in Zwickau, Germany The day the war ended.
Me in Germany...46 years after my Dad left!

No comments:

Post a Comment